All Bamstone products have undergone extensive qualitative and quantitative testing by Stone Initiatives, an independent NATA-accredited laboratory specialising in dimension stone, to ensure consistent and premium supply of Australian bluestone.
Industry stone testing determines the properties of the material and its fitness for use in public and private spaces. Stone is a natural product that can vary in appearance and physical properties throughout the quarry. Regular testing allows us to understand the strengths, weaknesses, and any variability within the stone.
Over the years, Stone Initiatives have conducted extensive research and testing of Bamstone bluestone. This testing ensures that the products we provide, derived from the natural bluestone resource at our local quarry site, are of incredible quality – setting the bar high on a global scale.
Summary of Stone Initiatives consultation with Bamstone:
- Determination of the physical properties of dimensional Bamstone bluestone.
- Selection and sourcing of Bamstone bluestone when preparing for new quarry licences and extensions.
- Durability and weathering assessment of Bamstone bluestone.
- Detailed investigation into Bamstone bluestone and construction material failures.
- Performance and development of quality assurance programs and specifications.
View our test reports below:
- Slip Resistance Testing – Tumbled Cobblestones
- Slip Resistance Testing – Bush Hammered + Grit Blasted
- Slip Resistance Testing – Diamond Sawn + Honed